Friday, October 03, 2008

SSI principal calling...

Dear old guys & gals,

Hi, folks! This is Chong Lian How. Fate has put me back to SSI as the Principal. Actually I feel very downhearted and sad when I reported on 29 Sep 2008. Nostalgic but rather sad to see the dilapidated state of the school. Wow! The school definitely needs doses booster to get back the former glow. The front wall looks a bit like Angkor Wat ruins...... The whole school needs a new coat of paint. The construction of a pavilion at the field has been stopped as the PTA has exhausted all its fund..Ran into a few thousand ringgit of debt already. Now, it is only an iron structure without the roof. Surely, we need to rope in as many old guys & girls as possible....

Hopefully, during my short tenure (two and a half years) before retirement, SSI Alumni can be formally established to give continuous support to SSI. Maybe the alumni members can help to motivate the students whose discipline has deteriorated. However, there are still some very good students.

I have talked to Mr MG Parry, Dr Ho Loon Shin, Mr Chong Kim Chuan , Mr Han Kee Juan, Mr Lok Yow Sang, Mr Wong Dor Loke, Mr Lim Mun Fah and several others..I get very encouraging response. So far the most active group is the Class of 71. I hope to get Mr Wong Lian Soon's (Chairman of Class of 71 for 2008?) contact number. Now, I wish everybody can send to me as many contact numbers or email addresses of your friends as possible ..so that I can invite all of you to SSI for a suitable function in the very near future.

If anyone is keen to give first aid treatment to revive the temporarily abandoned construction of the pavilion, you are welcome to send a cheque to PIBG SEK MEN SULTAN IBRAHIM. Please write on the reverse side of the cheque : Sender's name and contact, U/P Pn Chong -Sumbangan untuk Pembangunan SSI.
The school address is: SMK Sultan Ibrahim,
Jalan Lengkongan,
81000 Kulaijaya
Johor

School telephone no. :07-6631303 and my h/p :019-7513138

If anyone wish to drop by to visit , you are most welcome!

Hope to hear from you guys & gals .....asap

Warmest regards

Lian How

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home